Serve Wisconsin is partnering with Team Rubicon and other community partners to provide disaster recovery assistance to Langlade and Oconto Counties. The goal is to have a large scale impact
Serve Wisconsin is partnering with Team Rubicon and other community partners to provide disaster recovery assistance to Langlade and Oconto Counties. The goal is to have a large scale impact in this area with as many people and organizations participating as possible. The recent storms have caused extensive damage to these heavily wooded areas and they need assistance to prevent further issues with the fallen trees.
We are assembling a team of about 15 volunteers to work with one of the premier disaster response organizations. This will be a great opportunity to gather experience, learn, expand our network and most of all help families in need.
If you would like to help or know someone who would, please sign-up before Sept, 9th as we need to confirm our intent to deploy no later than 9/13/19. You can be a member of our team or just want to help, so no strings attached. We are planning a Deployment Information Meeting 8am-9am, Sat, Sept 14th at Journey Church Kenosha. When you sign-up we will include you in all communications and upcoming planning meetings as we prepare.
- Qualifications: *Must be at least 18 years of age
- Please be prepared to bring long pants, boots, bedding, personal care items
- Must complete a Journey Disaster Response Team Volunteer Waiver
- Where: Langlade and Oconto Counties
- When: 10/2-10/06
- What: Lodging will be provided (some beds but mostly space for cots)
- Food will be provided via canteen support from Salvation Army
- The greatest need is for swampers to assist Team Rubicon sawyers with debris removal.
- Volunteer Reception center volunteers
- Volunteers to assist with meal prep.
- Depending on the size of the group we also will need driver’s to transport volunteers from job sites etc.
2 (Wednesday) 7:00 am - 6 (Sunday) 5:00 pm