DRT deployment to western Kentucky to assist with storm damage recovery
It has always been part of our mission to be able to respond to disasters beyond our region. The time has come to utilize the gifts and resources God has provided to help those lives who have been devastated by the storms and tornadoes in Western Kentucky.
While we continue to have a strong partnership with Convoy of Hope who continues to do amazingly wonderful things throughout the world, we are honored to announce another partnership with the CIA (Christ In Action) organization (www.christinaction.com). This ministry team has been performing complex disaster relief operations for over 30 years and has invited us to serve alongside them in this terrible disaster.
Please read through all of the information provided and, if you are interested in deploying to Kentucky with the DRT and Christ in Action, continue on until the bottom of the page.
It is critically important that you educate yourself on the scope of the mission and all the related details before registering to volunteer. This is an active recovery mission where there has been extreme devastation and loss of life, so it is imperative to know the details about this opportunity in order to serve.
Drt will head down to Kentucky on January 3, 2022 and will have leadership onsite until February 28, 2022.
Please see volunteer requirements for details on how you can register and pick your preferred dates of deployment.
Christ in Action and the DRT will be deploying to Princeton, Kentucky
This is a horribly devastated area of which many have not seen in history. The damage is widespread covering almost 200 miles.
Our scope of operations include:
- Debris removal
- Chain saw operation
- Heavy equipment operation
- Demolition and removal
- Assisting homeowners with their needs
- Providing spiritual support and care to those who are impacted
CIA will have basic infrastructure on site
- Lavatory trailer
- Food service
- Food, water, medical care
- Heavy machinery
- Command post operation
- Volunteer Management
Other Resources available:
- Sleeping quarters will be inside the church that we will partner with
- We will have our own supplies, equipment, and other resources on site for our volunteers and field leaders
HELP AND SUPPORT NEEDED
DRT volunteers will be expected to be able to perform physical activities working in challenging conditions. There are little comforts of home so you will be provided a list for items to bring once you register. You will be expected to be assigned to various areas under the direction of the CIA team, abide by their procedures and maintain safety of you and those around you.
The following is a list of expectations for all volunteers
- All volunteers must be 18 years old and in good health. The work we are doing is hard work in varying weather conditions.
- We are asking for volunteers to be onsite for a minimum of 4 days.
- You must submit your arrival and departure dates with your online registration.
- There is no cost to volunteer with us, we provide food and lodging, but transportation is your responsibility.
- Able to work as a team with and without people you may know.
- Agree to serve under the direction of DRT and CIA leaders
- Be able to bring all of your personal items including sleeping and personal care items, protective shoes and clothing and several changes of clothes.
- No pets are permitted
- Please print and sign the CIA Volunteer Waiver form and bring it with you to the site
- Registration is not a guarantee for deploying.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO SCROLL FOR REGISTRATION
Provide financial support for us to sustain our operation and complete the mission. The expense of fuel and supplies are significant, and your help is greatly appreciated.
Please click the GIVE button or–
Send funds to:
Journey DRT C/O Operation Heartland
10700 75th St, Kenosha, WI 53142
You will receive a donation receipt for IRS charitable deduction on behalf of Journey Disaster Response Team
- Help fund or provide a specific item needed to support this operation.
- Utility Truck
- UTV Trailer
- Large Generator w/ electric start
- Lighting towers
- Chain Saws and power equipment
This will be an extremely difficult and challenging deployment that will be taxing on everyone who is onsite as well as the DRT support staff at home. Please pray for our safety and health as well as for those who are struggling through this and those we will encounter for God.
We thank you for your interest in serving with us. We are grateful for your support and prayers as we move forward with God’s help.
REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER
This will be a 2-step registration process so we can properly track through both the DRT and CIA.
Step 1: Please ‘pre-register’ via the form below with your information.
Step 2: Once you have completed the pre-registration, click on the button that will take you the CIA registration.
NOTE: Please indicate the leader you will be reporting to is JEFF BERARD – DRT on the registration form.
STEP 1: Pre-Registration
Please fill this out and click submit before moving to Step 2
STEP 2: Register with CIA
Please indicate the leader you will be reporting to is JEFF BERARD – DRT on the registration form