Compassion, hope & restoration in times of need
Serving the Southeast Wisconsin & Northeast Illinois areas
A volunteer, non-profit organization with a driving passion to prepare and provide for disaster response and restoration to the community.
Formed in the fall of 2017 as a result of the response effort after a severe flooding event in Burlington, WI.
Through debrief and subsequent meetings, we assessed the need and identified the gaps.
Formed a group to mobilize trained, credentialed volunteers to provide support and build a community network, who work together toward a shared vision of meeting people where they are in times of need.
Began connecting with government agencies, community organizations, church and civic groups to utilize existing resource and partnerships.
• The Journey Disaster Response Team (DRT) is a faith-based volunteer serving organization. Our goal is to Recruit, Train and Deploy a team of volunteers who can use their skills and talents to serve the community in times of need.
• To share God’s love and grace.
• To identify and serve those in need.
• To prepare the community for disasters through education and awareness.
• To serve with other churches, local groups, and organizations to build relationships and networks to efficiently and effectively respond to disasters.
• To utilize tools and resources to care for the physical and spiritual needs of those we serve
Educate, Prepare, Respond and Restore – Helping families and our community before, during and after a disaster – Local and National Deployments
Supporting local emergency responders and families needing assistance during an emergency.
Emergency Food Supply
Helping to solve food insecurity by bringing food and other supplies into underserved neighborhoods